Located at Child Development Center, Avaxat Elementary, 24300 Las Brisas Road, North Upper Parking Lot, Room 3
The Murrieta Valley Unified School District Parent Center provides low cost parenting programs. The Parent Center was developed to provide high quality educational support services to parents, professionals, and community members living and working in Southwest Riverside County. MVUSD was recognized by The American School Board Journal for its outstanding governance of the Parent Center program. The following basic and advanced parenting classes are available.To view these files, download the free Adobe® Acrobat® Reader
Parenting Classes- Class Now In Session Nurturing Parenting
Parent Project-A parenting class designed for parents struggling with strong-willed or out-of control pre-teens and teens. The course will focus on prevention of drugs/alcohol, improving child’s grades and attendance, peer involvement and eliminating power struggles.
Nurturing Parenting -an interactive ten week class that will help you better understand your role as a parent. Helpin strengthening your relationship and bond with your child. Learn new strategies and skills to improve your child's concerning behavior. Develop self-care, empathy, and self-awareness.
- Educate, Equip and Support consists of 11-13 sessions; each session is two hours and is offered only to parents/caregivers raising a child/youth with mental health and/or emotional challenges. Classes are designed to provide parents/caregivers with general education about children's, mental health challenges, parent to parent support and community resources.
- Parent/Caregiver Support Group-provides parents and caregivers who are raising a child/youth with mental health/emotional/behavioral challenges a safe place to vent, share support, information, solutions and resources.
- Common Sense Parenting- is a six week program that provides parents with a menu of proven techniques that will aid you in building good family relationships, parenting and correcting misbehavior, using consequences to improve behavior, and staying calm.
- Triple P Parenting suggest simple routines and small changes that can make a big difference to your family. The program consists of a total of eight classes, 2 hours each class. It helps you understand the way your family works and uses the things you already say, think , feel, and do in new ways that: create a supportive environment; encourage behavior you like; deal positively, consistently and decisively; with problem behavior; build positive relationship with your children, so that conflict can be resolved; plan ahead to avoid or manage potentially difficult situations; and take care of yourself as a parent.
- Incredible Years A series for parents of children birth through five years. This program strengthens parenting skills by focusing on play; praise and rewards; effective limit setting and dealing with noncompliance; and handling misbehavior, time out and preventative approaches. Cancelled watch for Spring Class TBA
- Family Growth Groups facilitated by the MVUSD Mental Health Team, is a time for families of students receiving special education services to come together to learn skills needed for home, school and community. Be prepared for lots of interactive games, activities, crafts, and more as we grow together on each skill.
Kathleen Israelsen - Family Services Director, phone (951) 304-1623 ext: 2183
Last Modified on July 17, 2019