Behavioral Health Supports
Abuse, AIDS, alcoholism, depression, divorce, drugs, gangs, homelessness, pregnancy, sexuality, violence, suicide. Operated by teens, for teens, Teen Line helps adolescents address their problems through a confidential peer hotline and community outreach program. Toll-free in California, it’s a place to talk things out with another teen in a safe, non-judgmental environment.
Crisis Line for Teens https://calyouth.org/cycl/ The California Youth Crisis Line (CYCL) operates 24 hours a day, seven days a week as the statewide emergency response system for youth (ages 12-24) and families in crisis. 1-800-843-5200
The Trevor Project is a national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to LGBTQ youth and young adults, ages 13–24, over the phone, online and via text.
- Trevor Lifeline (24/7): (866) 488-7386
- TrevorText: Text the word “Trevor” to (202) 304-1200 to text with a trained counselor on Fridays from 1–5 p.m.
- TrevorChat: Confidential chat service with a trained volunteer counselor available 7 days a week, from 12 noon –6 p.m.
PARENT SUPPORTS (please note that links are provided for information only)
- Parent Center- see Parenting Class Schedule
- MVUSD Mental Health Team Parent Center
- Parent Project - For Difficult to Manage Adolescents
- Parent Resources - Click on this link to find helpful resources for parents and families
- PSC - Concerned about your son or daughter? Visit this site to complete a free Pediatric Symptoms Checklist