MVUSD Tip Line & Safety Reports
- If you see something, say something
- Notify a school administrator
- Call Murrieta Police Department’s 24-hour dispatch line (951) 696-3615
- Report it on the district website
- Use the anonymous Tip Line on the Murrieta Valley USD mobile app
- Call the WeTip Line: 1-800-78-CRIME -or- 1-800-782-7463 or log-on and submit a tip at www.wetip.com, 24 Hours a Day - 365 Days a Year - Se Habla Espanol
If you know or hear of anyone who has committed a crime or engaged in suspicious or illegal activities, please report it to a District staff person or call the anonymous We Tip Line and help keep Murrieta students and schools safe. Anyone who observes unusual or suspicious activities on or around Murrieta school campuses is also encouraged to contact the Murrieta Police Department’s 24-hour dispatch line at (951) 696-3615.
WeTip is a national nonprofit organization, staffing tip operators that take anonymous tips from all 50 states. Many of these tips have included crime information concerning schools. Calls are taken on all crimes affecting schools and the communities surrounding schools.
All calls are anonymous, not just confidential.
The WeTip Crime Hotline has been designed for students and school staff members who know about a crime but are afraid to tell anyone. When someone calls WeTip, no one asks them who they are or where they live. The WeTip operator asks questions to find out about the crime and who committed it.
No one will ever know who made the call! Not us.. Not ever! After the call is taken, a case number is assigned to the tipster. If they have more information, they can call the WeTip Line back and give that number to add more information to their tip.
Students may sign on to their iPads and Netbooks or use their smart phones (blackberries, droids, palms, iPhone) to log on to a web browser and submit a tip through WeTip’s fire-walled and encrypted internet site at www.wetip.com. All tips submitted through the internet site are also completely anonymous.
The WeTip Crime Hotline deals with: School arson fires, weapons on campus, child molestation and pornography, drug sales and trafficking at school, gang violence, graffiti, violent crimes, vandalism, vehicle theft, school property theft, threats and other malicious activity. These illegal activities hurt people and cost the District money that could otherwise be used to improve Murrieta schools.
A cash reward may be offered to the tipster if the person who was turned in gets arrested and is found guilty. If the tipster is interested in receiving the reward, at the time they call WeTip, they are given a fictitious code name to use when picking up the reward. The reward is paid, following arrest and conviction, at the post office chosen by the person who gave the tip.
It is a crime to knowingly report false information so think twice before making a false report as a practical joke.
Thanks for doing the right thing to help keep Murrieta students and schools safe.
What can you report?
- If you feel unsafe or know someone who feels unsafe
- Safety threats, bullying, harassment or intimidation at school or outside of school
- Fights, drugs, alcohol or weapons at school
- Friends who talk about hurting themselves - National Suicide Prevention Lifeline: 1-800-273-8255
- Bullying or Cyberbullying
- Text Messaging
- Instant Messaging