J1 International Exchange StudentsIf you would like to be added to our listserv so that you can receive the latest information about placing foreign exchange students in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District, send an email request to Howard Dimler.Murrieta Valley Unified School District accepts a limited number of international exchange students into the district's comprehensive high schools each year. No more than six international exchange students are placed at each of the district's comprehensive high schools. Typically requests for placement exceed openings and the following criteria is used in the selection and placement of international exchange students.
For additional information and to make arrangements for placement of an international exchange student, contact Howard Dimler, Executive Director of Student Support, at (951) 696-1600 extension 1037.For an alphabetical listing of approved International Programs go to the California Attorney General's Registry.
- The application for placement must be received by May 20 of the preceding school year.
- Applications received after May 20th will not be considered for acceptance and placement for the following school year.
- The high school enrollment agreement must be filled out completely and must indicate the name and address of the host family, and must be signed by the host family.
- Selection and placement of international exchange students is weighed and balanced by country of origin to promote global awareness and diversity on each school campus.
- The district provides opportunities for placement to a variety of exchange programs sanctioned by the Attorney General, giving those agencies an equal opportunity to place an international exchange student in one of the district's comprehensive high schools.
California law requires that all students provide Proof of Immunizations prior to enrollment.