Reader – Writer Autobiography
DUE THURSDAY AUG 18th
The first paper you write for this class will be about your personal history regarding reading and writing. You will think about and evaluate what you have read and writing over the years and how those things have influenced you both on a personal and educational level. The goal is to produce a piece of work that helps your reader understand how you have gotten to this point in your education and where you are headed.
Introduction – What have you discovered about yourself as a student (the following paragraphs will support these ideas in detail).
Body Paragraph 1 – Birth to First day of School
Body Paragraph 2 – Elementary School
Body Paragraph 3 – Middle School to Now
Conclusion – What do you hope to gain from this class?
The content of your paper must cover all of the following items:
- Earliest memories regarding books and reading
- Childhood reading (not school oriented) – what did you enjoy or not and why?
- Childhood writing – was it just school related?
- School reading and writing – the good, the bad and the ugly.
- A piece of writing (yours or otherwise) that has become personally important to you.
- Personal present reading and writing outside of school.
This paper will be worth 100 points. It will be three to five pages in length, typed, MLA format.