Welcome to Vista Murrieta's College Career Center!
Services available at the Breezeway-
Students are encouraged to sign up for the college career notifications. Each notification is by grade level to assist with information such as scholoarships, community service opportunities, PSAT information, employment opportunities, etc. The text information per grade level is as follows:
- Career Assessments
- Career Development (resume, interview skills)
- Scholarship Opportunities
- MSJC Matriculation
- Military Information and Assistance
- College search and application process
- Financial aid application through FAFSA
- Community Service Opportunities
- College Visits
Seniors Class of 2019
Text @vmhs2019 to 81010
Juniors Class of 2020
Text @vmhs2020 to 81010
Sophomores Class of 2021
Text @vmhs2021 to 81010
Freshman Class of 2022
Text @vmhs2022 to 81010
Text @militaryst to 81010
Students must have a secured employment PRIOR to the issuance of a work permit. Work permits are for your place of employment specifically; and not a general permit to work. Work permit request forms are available via download from the VMHS website under College Career Center page then School Directory tab. Students must fill out the form completely with both the parent and the employer signature prior to returning the work permit application to the East Hall Office to the Counseling Secretary. Work Permits are available 24 - 48 hours after the work permit application has been turned into the East Hall Office.
Three options available:
1. Visit Parchment.com set up an account, request the transcript. Please note, all alumni must use parchment.com
- Parchment.com is a widely used system that sends official electronic transcripts to colleges throughout the US.
- Request to view your transcript
- Request to have your official transcript sent to a specific address/organization
- Requests are typically processed within 72 hours; however, during holiday breaks there could be delays if school sites are closed.
2. If you have any questions regarding your transcript, please contact the College Career Center or Guidance Technician.3. Transcripts for current students can be requested by downloading the attached form and turning the form into the college and career center. Please fill out the form in its entirety and allow 24 hours for processing. Transcript Request FormNCAA Official TranscriptsOfficial transcripts for Class of 2019 seniors will be mailed out in August 2019 for students who have completed their NCAA student accounts.
Reminder to Male Seniors
If you are a male U.S. citizen or male immigrant living in the United States, you must register with the Selective Services System within 30 days of your 18th birthday. You must register to qualify for federal student aid, federal jobs, federal job training as well as any state student financial aid or state employment.
To register go to www.sss.gov, pick up a form at the local post office or mail in the completed Selective Service reminder card that is sent to most young men around their 18th birthday.
Any questions contact:Debra RausaGuidance Technician951-894-5750 ext email@example.com
- Higher Education- watch video Higher education video
- How To Write A College Essay Tips (pdf)
- Information on out of state colleges www.regionaladmissions.com/Resources%20(1).html
- ZAPS Test-Prep Seminar PSAT will be on Wed & Thursday September 19 & 20th from 6:30pm - 9:00pm register here or call 877-927-8378. Cost is $99