NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY (NHS)
Tenth and Eleventh grade students with an academic Grade Point Average of 4.0 or higher are eligible to complete the NHS Survey which allows the individual student to identify the qualities of Character, Leadership, Scholarship and Service that could qualify him or her for membership.
Surveys are available early in the fall semester and are returned with faculty recommendations to the NHS Chapter Advisor. The local NHS Faculty Council evaluates the surveys, and students meeting the criteria for this national program are selected.
Students will be notified through email and postal mail when selections are made and students will be invited to the fall semester NHS Induction Breakfast.
Membership requires ACTIVE participation in the local chapter and includes leadership and service opportunities and requirements.
NHS is NOT an honor roll. It is an academic way of life that is both appropriate and instrumental on the Vista Murrieta High School campus.
Monthly community service, fundraising and meeting attendance are critical for students who expect recognition at their senior graduation ceremony.
Steps to follow:
- Go to Ms. Lê’s website and navigate to the NATIONAL HONOR SOCIETY link
- Print out the NHS SURVEY DOCUMENT and 3 COPIES OF THE FACULTY/STAFF RECOMMENDATION FORM.
- Complete the survey forms as directed. TYPE neatly!
- Give recommendation forms to teachers or staff members who can make a fair assessment of your skills. Be sure to put your name on the forms!!
- Give teachers/staff members plenty of time before the deadline.Teachers/staff members will return recommendations to Ms. Lê.
- Return your completed survey to Ms. Lê by the deadline.
**Questions? Contact Ms. Lê in room EE15 or by email at email@example.com **
Last Modified on July 20, 2016