Special Education Parent Advisory Committee
Learn more about SEPAC by watching this video.
- Special education means individualized instruction, at no cost to the parents, to meet the unique needs of a child with disabilities.
- We are parents of special education students in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District.
- We are dedicated to working with school staff, educators, administrators, and each other to enhance the learning experiences of our children.
It is the purpose of SEPAC to develop a positive and knowledgeable partnership between the parents and caregivers of children with exceptional needs and the professionals who serve them, by providing resources through support, training and community awareness programs.
- To develop communication channels between individuals with exceptional needs and/or their parents or guardians, school district administrators, and professional staff.
- To make available a support system by which individuals with exceptional needs and/or their parents or guardians and the professionals who serve them may express their needs and concerns for their children's educational progress by providing a method of directing the concerned individual to the appropriate person.
- To provide members with an annual survey to determine the areas of need. The information will be used by the Executive Committee in recommending annual priorities.
- To assist in parent education and to function as a support group for students and/or parents or guardians of students with exceptional needs, and the professionals who serve them by conducting information programs on an individual or group basis, and maintaining a communication network.
Names and Contact Information on SEPAC Co-Chairs
Name Phone # Preston, Zhanna 951-696-1600 x1042 firstname.lastname@example.org Rogoff, Julia 951-440-5478 email@example.com
Strecker, Mark 951-461-9488 or 510.459.3155 firstname.lastname@example.org Valencia, Laura 951-894-6521 or 818.209.8872 email@example.com Barker, Sonia 714-357-3702 firstname.lastname@example.org Acosta, Jacqueline 951-719-6125 email@example.com