Special Education Parent Advisory Committee
What is SEPAC?
- We are parents of special education students in the Murrieta Valley Unified School District.
- We are dedicated to working with school staff, educators, administrators, and each other to enhance the learning experiences of our children.
It is the purpose of SEPAC to develop a positive and knowledgeable partnership between the parents and caregivers of children with exceptional needs and the professionals who serve them, by providing resources through support, training and community awareness programs.
- To develop communication channels between individuals with exceptional needs and/or their parents or guardians, school district administrators, and professional staff.
- To make available a support system by which individuals with exceptional needs and/or their parents or guardians and the professionals who serve them may express their needs and concerns for their children's educational progress by providing a method of directing the concerned individual to the appropriate person.
- To provide members with an annual survey to determine the areas of need. The information will be used by the Executive Committee in recommending annual priorities.
- To assist in parent education and to function as a support group for students and/or parents or guardians of students with exceptional needs, and the professionals who serve them by conducting information programs on an individual or group basis, and maintaining a communication network.
2021-2022 SEPAC Workshops and Events
Wednesday October 6 – Topic: IEP Overview; Parent Input
Wednesday December 1 – Topic: Attending to the Social Emotional Needs of Your Student
Wednesday March 2 – Topic: Strong Families, Strong Children; a guide to community resources to support your student
Wednesday April 19 - SEPAC Presentation: "Crossing the Divide; A presentation on Inclusion throughout MVUSD"
Name Phone # Preston, Zhanna 951-696-1600 x1042 firstname.lastname@example.org Mapramook, Mayra email@example.com Barker, Sonia 714-357-3702 firstname.lastname@example.org Acosta, Jacqueline 951-719-6125 email@example.com Lawler, Ashley 951-553-6059 firstname.lastname@example.org Cathey, Amanda 714-803-9727 email@example.com Kirshberg, Ivy 714-724-1010 firstname.lastname@example.org