• Preschool FAQ 

    Who do I contact regarding a Speech and Language Evaluation for my child?
    The Murrieta Valley Unified School District has an assessment team that specializes in the evaluation of preschool aged children. The team is composed of several professionals including, but not limited to, School Psychologist, Speech and Language Pathologist, Occupational Therapist, and a Physical Therapist. To contact the preschool assessment team, call (951) 696-1600 ext. 1039.
    I would like to enroll my son/daughter in a preschool program. What is offered through the school district?
    The Murrieta Valley Unified School District operates multiple State Preschool and Kindergarten Readiness programs. For more information regarding these programs please contact the Family Services department at (951) 304-1623. For children who qualify for Special Education services, and require the support of a specialized preschool program, the District offers SDC preschool programs at five (6) sites: Alta Murrieta Elementary, Buchanan Elementary, E. Hale Curran Elementary, Murrieta Elementary, Lisa J. Mails Elementary, and Rail Ranch Elementary. Placement in these specialized programs is determined by the IEP team. 
    What are the locations of the SDC preschool classes?
    • Buchanan Elementary School
    • E. Hale Curran Elementary School
    • Murrieta Elementary School
    • Rail Ranch Elementary School
    • Lisa J. Mails Elementary School 
    We are just moving into the District and my child already has an IEP; who do I need to contact regarding services and placement? Please attach a current copy of your student's IEP and email it to Kerri Lovell, Program Specialist, at klovell@murrieta.k12.ca.us .
    At what age can a child receive special education services through the school district?
    The Murrieta Valley Unified School District begins providing services to children at the age of three. If a child is receiving early intervention services through Inland Regional Center or RCOE Infant CIRCLE, the process of transitioning services to the school district usually begins when the child is 2 years, 9 months of age.
    If my child is not yet three years old, who can I contact regarding assessments and specialized services?
    Parents are encouraged to contact the Inland Regional Center or the Riverside County Office of Education. 
    RCOE Early Start Infant CIRCLE Program: (951) 683-0112
    Inland Regional Center: (909) 890-3000
    Who do I contact if I would like my child assessed for Special Education services?
    Please contact our preschool assessment scheduler: Kristy Plummer (951) 696-1600 ext. 1039.
Last Modified on November 29, 2023