Vista Murrieta High School
Vista Murrieta High School Requires:
A minimum of 230 credits is selected from within the following disciplines of study:
- Area A Social Science: 3 years required equaling 30 credits towards graduation.
- Area B English: 4 years required equaling 40 credits towards graduation.
- Area C Mathematics: 3 years required equaling 30 credits towards graduation. Student must pass Algebra I
- Area D Science: 3 years required equaling 30 credits towards graduation. Students must take and pass 1 course from the physical sciences, 1 course from the life sciences, and 1 course in either area.
- Area E- L.O.T.E (language other than English): 1 year required equaling 10 credits towards graduation
- Area F Visual & Performing Arts: 1 year required equaling 10 credits towards graduation
- District & State Requirements Health & Computers/Careers: 1 semester of Health, 1 semester of Computers & Careers required equaling 10 credits toward graduation
- District & State Requirements Physical Education: 2 years required, equaling 20 credits towards graduation
District Requirements Electives: 5 Courses are required, equaling 50 credits towards graduation. Electives are any combination of a yearlong or semester course not from the disciplines listed above, or any combination of a yearlong or semester course above and beyond the minimum requirements in the above disciplines. Please refer to the student handbook if you are in need of further clarification.
Students are highly encouraged to plan for their future by completing an Individual Learning Plan. Students should meet with their counselor every semester to check on progress towards graduation, and post high school educational goals. Individual Learning Plan
Community Service: Murrieta Valley Unified Students must also complete 40 hours of community service for a non-profit organization prior to their designated graduation date. - This requirement has been adjusted.
Class of 2024 - 20
Class of 2025 - 30
Class of 2026 - 40