Vista Murrieta High School
Vista Murrieta High School Requires:
A minimum of 230 credits selected from within the following disciplines of study:
- Area A Social Science: 3 years required equaling 30 credits toward graduation.
- Area B English: 4 years required equaling 40 credits toward graduation.
- Area C Mathematics: 3 years required equaling 30 credits toward graduation. Student must pass Algebra I
- Area D Science: 3 years required equaling 30 credits toward graduation. Student must take and pass 1 course from the physical sciences, 1 course from the life sciences, and 1 course in either area.
- Area E- L.O.T.E (language other than English): 1 year required equaling 10 credits toward graduation
- Area F Visual & Performing Arts: 1 year required equaling 10 credits toward graduation
- District & State Requirements Health & Computers/Careers: 1 semester of Health, 1 semester of Computers & Careers required equaling 10 credits toward graduation
- District & State Requirements Physical Education: 2 years required equaling 20 credits toward graduation
District Requirements Electives: 5 Courses required equaling 50 credits toward graduation. Electives are any combination of a yearlong or semester course not from the disciplines listed above, or any combination of a yearlong or semester course above and beyond the minimum requirements in the above disciplines. Please refer to the student handbook if you are in need of further clarification.
Students are highly encouraged to plan for their future by completing an Individual Learning Plan. Students should meet with their counselor every semester to check on progress towards graduation, and post high school educational goals. Individual Learning Plan
Students are also required to pass the California High School Exit Exam in order to receive a diploma. Students take this examination for the first time in March of their Sophomore year. For more information about the CAHSEE please find more information on the state CAHSEE web site: CAHSEE FAQ
Community Service: Murrieta Valley Unified Students must also complete 40 hours of community service for a non profit organization prior to their designated graduation date