MSJC Enrollment / Matriculation
The California Education Code has provided a special program for high school students who are able to benefit from advanced scholastic studies. To that end, upon the written recommendation of the high school principal, students in grades Ten, Eleven, and Twelve may enroll in 11 units of instruction or 2 courses that are not remedial courses at a college or university. Students are recommended to have a cumulative grade point average of 3.0 or higher to enroll
DE Process for all Students
- Submit an MSJC Application for Admission at Apply Here
- All students must complete the Online Orientation through their MSJC Self Service Portal
- Submit a School/Parent Agreement Form "SPA Form" or Concurrent Enrollment Form (every semester) by the specified deadline
- Register for courses through the MSJC Self Service Portal prior to the MSJC semester commencing
- Pay MSJC Fees Through Self Service Portal:
- Go Pass Fee
- Student Fees
- Health Fee
High school students in grades 10 through 12 wishing to participate in this program must submit a "School Parent Agreement Form, (SPA)" or Concurrent Enrollment form available in the West Hall counseling office. The form MUST be signed by the high school principal and by the parents or legal guardian. The high school principal, by signing this form, assures the college that the high school student is able to benefit from advanced instruction.
The student is responsible for completing the college registration process, which includes the completion of an application for admission and completing the MSJC online orientation session. This process must be completed before MVUSD staff meets with the college to submit all documents needed by the college to pre-register students for the requested courses. Once pre-registered by MSJC, students will receive instructions on how to register for courses on their MSJC Self Service Account prior to the semester commencing.
Steps to Register - Timeline for Fall 2023
- Parents and students will recieve emailed detailed instructions on completing the Dual Enrollment/Concurrent Enrollment registration process. Students will need to make sure they follow instructions and the timeline to properly complete the registration process.
February/March: Select Courses During Registration
April 27th: Recieve Emailed Instructions with Matriculation Steps
May 12th: SPA (Student/Parent Agreement) Form Due to the West Hall. All Matriculation Steps Must Be Completed by this Hard Deadline or You Run the Risk of Not Being Enrolled in the Course of Choice.
MSJC Application & Orientation Tutorial